The CBC Pitch Competition Is Back!
WIFT-AT is now accepting submissions for the CBC Pitch Competition during the Making Waves conference coming up on March 24 and 25.
Submissions close Friday, February 10 at 5pm AST.
Five filmmakers will compete for a prize package including $5,000 from CBC, services from 902 Post, and more!
- The competition is open to WIFT-AT members (join or renew here) who are women or gender-diverse and from underrepresented groups: Black, Indigenous, People of Colour, and the 2SLGBTQ+ communities, or individuals living with a disability
- Five selected applicants will receive pitch coaching from international pitching and story consultant Jan Miller (workshop date: February 17 on Zoom) and performance coaching from actor Mahia Tench (workshop date: March TBC)
- The finalists will each present a five-minute pitch before a jury of industry professionals and a live audience during Making Waves on Friday, March 24 at the Prince George Hotel in downtown Halifax
- Please note: Finalists will receive a complimentary conference pass to Making Waves, but are responsible for their own travel to attend the pitch competition.
- A short film script (12 pages max)
- A one-sheet including the following:
- Participant name
- Participant role
- Short synopsis (the story told in three to four sentences, 60-70 words max)
- Long synopsis (the story told in more detail, 300-350 words max)
- Creative team short bios (each 100 words max)
- Partners to date
- Contact information
Send as a single PDF attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org