Getting involved with WIFT-AT
Can you help us to increase representation and gender equity in the screen industry in Atlantic Canada?
Women in Film and Television Atlantic (WIFT-AT) is a non-profit professional association that has been advancing gender equity for those working in screen-based media in Atlantic Canada since 2009.
In our hiring, as in all of our operations, we seek diverse perspectives and are intentionally inclusive. We encourage applications from women and gender diverse individuals who are African Nova Scotian, Indigenous, racially visible, 2SLGBTQIA+, or living with disability dynamics. If you are equity-deserving (experiencing barriers to equal access, opportunities, and resources due to disadvantage and discrimination based on sex, age, ethnicity, disability, economic status, gender, gender expression, nationality, race, sexual orientation, or creed) you are encouraged to self-identify in your cover letter and/or resume.
The Communication Coordinator will develop and implement communications to support the Making Waves conference and other WIFT-AT operations. This will involve planning, creating and managing communication with WIFT-AT’s stakeholders including members, partners, and other communities, using a variety of practices, methods and tools.
- Location | Hybrid. Individual must be based in Nova Scotia for JCP eligibility, work is home-based, with significant work at conference locations in Halifax and possible other locations for other initiatives. For safety and also for greater inclusivity, WIFT-AT strongly encourages masking at its indoor gatherings.
- Length of Contract | 26 weeks, Dec 5-Jun 2
- Hours | 35 hours per week (variable hours, occasional evenings and weekends)
The candidate must possess very good written and verbal communication skills, and have experience in WordPress, Canva, Zoom, Mailchimp (or block edit e-newsletters), Google Docs, and all major social media platforms. Experience in Asana, Zoom backend, Wild Apricot, Google Analytics, and Eventbrite are assets. A background and/or interest in the film industry is also an asset, but is not necessary. This is a learning position and the successful applicant will work with support and supervision from the WIFT-AT Executive Director.
- Create and manage the communications work plan in Asana
- Create and distribute member newsletters in Mailchimp
- Email distribution list management through the membership database (Wild Apricot)
- Administration of and content creation for the WIFT-AT website (WordPress in Genesis)
- Create communications and communication elements as well as templates in Canva
- Participate in team meetings both on and offline
- Host and/or tech support (backend) public meetings and webinars in Zoom
- Seek and coordinate media interviews
- Create tracking and analytic tools to track outcomes of marketing initiatives including exit surveys and Google Analytics
- Develop and complete project wrap reports including survey summaries, statistical analysis, media highlights
- Maintain social media presence via WIFT-AT accounts – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Create and manage event registrations in Eventbrite
Research and Content Creation
Researching what’s current in the film and television industry and what might be of interest to WIFT-AT communities, and communicating with them using all relevant channels and formats including text, picture and moving image media.
Creating an overall communications strategy for the Making Waves conference using all modes of communication at the organization’s disposal including traditional media, social media, advertising and direct emails.
Online platforms administration
The Coordinator administers all of WIFT-AT’s online platforms, including website (WordPress, customized using Genesis framework), Making Waves website (Wix), social media platforms and their closed groups, member database (Wild Apricot), email marketing (Mailchimp), meetings/webinars’ backend (Zoom) and ticketing/registration through Eventbrite.
Measuring results in the metrics established, and reporting on them along with any insights.
This job is funded through the Job Creation Partnership Program of Employment Nova Scotia. To be eligible for the position you must qualify for the program. Please do not apply if you do not qualify. For full information about the program, (CLICK HERE).
Priority is given to women and gender diverse individuals from equity deserving populations, in keeping with encouraging justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in all of our operations.
To apply, please email email@example.com with the job title in the subject line by Tuesday, November 15th, 2022 at 5:00PM AST.
Please include your CV, cover letter (max one page), and two professional references in a single PDF document as an attachment. Please indicate in the cover email that you have reviewed the criteria of the Job Creation Partnership and are eligible.
Connect with members while supporting WIFT-AT’s work! There are often opportunities, big and small, and you can sign up for them here, or drop a line to let us know you’ll be interested in future opportunities. Volunteer activity is credited, available to offset WIFT-AT fees and registrations.
WIFT-AT’s sponsors are the best in the business.
They play a vital role in supporting WIFT-AT’s work to create equitable and inclusive access for all people in the film industry. Our sponsors’ support allows our members access to professional development opportunities, industry mentoring, workshops, programs, pitch competitions, and a supportive professional network.
Would your company like to support a dynamic organization that creates tangible and ongoing benefits for the community? Become a WIFT-AT sponsor.
Contact our Executive Director today to explore our sponsorship tiers: firstname.lastname@example.org
Can you help us to increase representation and gender equity in the screen industry in Atlantic Canada? Donate here.
ANY AMOUNT IS VERY WELCOME, THANK YOU!