Please Note: Unfortunately, due to the uncertainty of extended travel restrictions and the format that future film festivals will be taking during the COVID-19 global pandemic, the WIFT-AT All-Access Pass Award (AAPA) is cancelled until further notice. If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The All-Access Pass Award (AAPA) is bestowed annually by WIFT-AT to a deserving individual working in screen‐based media. We welcome applications from full members working in film, television, and/or digital media.
We are thrilled to welcome the Halifax Black Film Festival (HBFF) to the list of events, bringing the total of complimentary passes available to 10! The HBFF is held in late February or early March each year.
The AAPA is designed to allow the recipient to travel to the ten main film festivals in Atlantic Canada, and there are numerous additional perks:
- $1,500 cash from the WIFT-AT All Access Pass Award Fund to be used for travel expenses
- One-year annual membership to WIFT-AT
- One delegate pass to the WIFT-AT Making Waves Conference
- Facilitation for one-on-one meetings with senior WIFT-AT members to discuss professional development
- Profile feature and photo in the WIFT-AT Tidings Newsletter
One delegate pass to ten film festivals in Atlantic Canada including:
- Halifax Black Film Festival (February or March)
- Halifax Independent Filmmakers Festival (HIFF), NS (June)
- Nickel Independent Film Festival, NFLD (June)
- OUTeast Film Festival in Halifax, NS (June)
- FIN – Atlantic International Film Festival, NS (September)
- Lunenburg Doc Fest in Lunenburg, NS (September)
- St. John’s International Women’s Film Festival (SJIWFF), NFLD (October)
- Charlottetown Film Festival (CFF), PEI (October)
- Silver Wave Film Festival (SWFF), NB (November)
- International Festival of Francophone Film and Video in Acadie (FICFA), NB (November)
The WIFT‐AT All-Access Pass Award is open to full members of WIFT-AT working in screen‐based media. Applicants will have worked on three professional short or feature-length films, documentaries, television shows, videos or digital media projects. The projects must have received a distribution of some kind.
If you are a full member who has worked on less than three professional works (in television, film, or digital production) you may submit a proposal (maximum two pages) that details the reasons for consideration for this award. Please include the exhibition history of your works and list whether any were student films, web shows, webisode apps, etc.
Applicants must be Canadian citizens or landed immigrants with permanent, ongoing residence in one of the four Atlantic Provinces (Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador). Applicants must have lived in one of the four Atlantic Provinces for twelve consecutive months prior to the deadline.
- 300‐500 word letter stating how this award would benefit you as a professional in the industry and augment your professional plans for the forthcoming year
- Biography or CV (maximum 2 pages)
- Samples from your work – film, television, or digital media (web links). Also, we welcome any additional support material you feel will be beneficial to your application (e.g. published reviews, photographs, etc.)
- One letter of support
Please send your application to email@example.com.
Questions? We’d love to help! Reach out to info@wift‐at.com