Join Chef Michael Smith as he goes back to basics while stirring in freestyle ideas along the way. Watch as he shares his favourite home-style recipes, ingredients and cooking techniques and learn how to add a twist or two to your cooking. See how easy it is to impress yourself in your own kitchen because once you know the rules, you can break them!
Chef Michael’s Kitchen was filmed in beautiful Fortune, Prince Edward Island over the spring with a crew comprised of Maritime film professionals, the majority of which were from PEI. ‘Chef Michael’s Kitchen’ airs on the Food Network on August 27th at 6 pm EST.
The newly formed Charlottetown Film Society is now running City Cinema in Charlottetown and has officially launched its fundraising campaign with a raffle. First prize is a trip for two to TIFF for two days in September along with a pass to the Closing Night Gala, and second prize is a one year of free movies (2 per week), and lots of other prizes. Tickets are available at City Cinema or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- City Cinema is hosting a special evening of film on September 23 with guest Thom Fitzgerald, Director of Cloudburst. His film will be the very last film screened on film at City Cinema as they are going digital. There will be two screenings: one at 5 p.m. and one at 7 p.m. Tickets are $30 and there will be a reception at the Haviland Club after so that people can meet Thom and enjoy some food and libation.
- Harmony Wagner of Periscope Pictures was the recipient of the 2012 CBC 3 -2- 1 Award at this year’s Island Media Arts Festival. The award, along with funding from PEI Council of the Arts, will go toward the production of the short film QUEEN OF THE CROWS, set to begin shooting in Charlottetown this fall. Harmony’s directorial debut, VAST recently screened at the Nickel Film Festival.
- As part of Culture Days activities and with the support of Culture PEI, the Charlottetown Film Society in partnership with the Island Media Arts Coop is hosting the first of a series of Sunday afternoon screenings that will focus on Island-made films.
- Two forty-minute screenings will be on offer beginning at 2 p.m. on Sunday, September 30, 2012 at City Cinema on King Street. The public is invited free of charge to view local filmmakers’ works in a theatre setting and cast their vote for one of the People’s Choice Awards.
- Cash prizes will be awarded in four categories for Best of Short Shorts: Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze. A complete list of films is available on our web page or for more information and a complete list of films, please visit: The Charlottetown Film Society Inc. on Facebook.
The PEI Pulse is compiled by Millefiore Clarkes. Mille is a Producer/Editor/Director with her company One Thousand Flowers Productions. She has been creating documentaries, music videos, web series, and experimental work for a number of years. Check out her work at www.onethousandflowers.tv Mille’s work has been screened at festivals such as The Vimeo Film Festival, The Atlantic Film Festival, and RIDM and she has won the Music Video of the Year Award from MusicPEI as well as the WIFT-AT Salute Award.