- NBFC member BronweN is currently in post-production on Monkey See, a film about role models and how they influence our children.
This spring she will be producing a music video for Pamela Pachal and a short film for Writer/Director Jared Carney.
After a round of script notes by Gretchen Kelbaugh, who is always a huge help, BronweN is also re-writing a feature film: The Story (working title). She also did script notes for a feature film written by Gretchen Kelbaugh.
BronweN’s first short film, A Saturday Affair, is being shown about 15 times per month on Rogers TV as part of the show Loose Frames. She was also asked to show the film and be a guest lecturer for a UNB class on the Economics of Immigration.
Finally, BronweN is currently writing chapter 10 of a spy novel, which is lots of fun!
- NBFC Annual Provincial Workshop Program for 2013
The NB Film Co-op annual provincial film workshop series provides hands-on practical film and video training for members and non-members alike.
The NB Film Co-op Annual Workshop Series runs Feb-June in all three cities annually and is reasonably priced for all interested. The NBFC is very lucky to have extremely talented award winning filmmakers from NB and from away who teach workshops annually.
Fredericton Film Workshop Programme is now launched! Registration is OPEN!
Saint John and Moncton Workshops Programmes will launch in April.
The NBFC is proud to present three of the Fredericton workshops with WIFT-AT.
- NBFC member Christine McLean has several documentary projects in the works. She is about to begin editing her first episode of Land and Sea. It’s a look at our complicated relationship with wild animals in New Brunswick. She is writer/director. It will go to air on CBC in March. She is also writing and co-directing a one-hour documentary for CBC on bullying and the legacy of John Peters Humphrey, the New Brunswicker who wrote the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights. This show is being produced by Hemmings House Pictures in Saint John.
- This May, NBFC member Victoria Clowater is officially going to the Cannes Film Festival with Film Market Access! Filmmaker friends, if you’re looking to attend this prestigious film festival this year, and to develop important career contacts in the film industry, this is an experience she would highly recommend! Message her on facebook to get involved or get her info from Cat at the Film Co-op at: email@example.com
Victoria is co-producing a series of commercials for the anti-bullying charity, Bullying Canada. These are slated to air on multiple network tv stations
Victoria is also producing her first project, a web series pilot entitled “Bench Press” — it’s a comedy!
- NBFC member Leah Warren is eager to do her first short film project/You tube type sketch called “Flirting Addiction” in the spring/summer which will be done with the comedy sketch troupe Fiddleheadz and hopefully with support from the NB Film Co-op and a few Saint John filmmakers. Leah just wrapped up a TNB playwriting course where she learned about and attempted her first one act play. Leah was also able to meet and chat with her longtime writing hero and maritime novelist David Adams Richards and Canadian Playwright Norm Foster. Fiddleheadz hopes to get underway with doing various you tube style short comedy sketches–one will be filmed this Sunday which will be directed by Britany Sparrow. Leah is also looking forward to taking workshops through the NBFC provincial workshop programme, with special interest in location sound.
- WIFT-AT Panel from the Silver Wave Film Festival now on Youtube
Check out this discussion about Women in Film and Television which took place in Fredericton, NB during the Media NB Industry Summit on November 9, 2012. Guests: Ashley McKenzie, Ruth Lawrence, Jillian Acreman. Moderator: Gretchen Kelbaugh.
For more Industry Summit videos and other Silver Wave Film Festival videos subscribe to Silver Wave Film Fest on Youtube.
- French Series broadcasting schedule released
New Brunswick filmmaker Pamela Gallant is pleased to announce the broadcast schedule for the four episodes of the series “Petites vues de chez nous” that she directed.
These four half-hour shows offer a unique ethnographic look of four French-canadian communities: Port-au-Port (Newfoundland), Cap-Pelé (New Brunswick), Windsor (Ontario) and Clare (Nova Scotia). The following are the broadcast dates for each show which will air on Radio-Canada Atlantique.
samedi, le 16 février à 17:30 : Petites vues de chez nous: Port-au-Port (Terre-Neuve)
samedi, le 23 février à 17:30 : Petites vues de chez nous: Cap-Pelé (N.-B.)
samedi, le 2 mars à 17:30 : Petites vues de chez nous: Clare (N.-É)
samedi, le 9 mars à 17:30 : Petites vues de chez nous: Windsor (On)
- 2013 Jane LeBlanc Filmmaker Award – Open To All NB Residents
Formerly known as the Members Give Back Award, the NB Film Co-op proudly announces the Jane LeBlanc Filmmaker Award for 2013. In honour of a woman who lived life to the fullest and courageously took action in making her dreams a reality. A message that will hopefully inspire the winner of this award in realizing his/her dream of making films a reality.
The award has a value of $1000 and includes:
- $600 in cash
- 2 years Full Membership with NBFC
- 10 workshops through the NBFC workshop series
- $3500 in production and post services from NBFC
- Script workshop with Actors Helping Actors Group of your choice (Moncton/Fredericton)
- Prep to Post mentorship with Red Leaf Productions Producers
An opportunity to Co-Produce with Red Leaf Productions, a Moncton based production company responsible for award winning films such as Délivrance, Do Gooders, All Revved Up and many more. The company has also produced a one hour Television program with Canadian Broadcasting Corporation Television and Société Radio Canada Acadie.
Eligibility is open to all New Brunswick first and second time filmmakers.
Submit a 4-8 page script of drama or comedy by October 15th, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the NBFC website for details
The winner will be announced at The 2013 Silver Wave Film Festival Awards.
- Donate to the Jane LeBlanc Filmmaker Award!
The New Brunswick Filmmakers’ Co-operative is a registered charity with a charity number as well as a non-profit and you can receive a charitable tax receipt by snail mail when you donate. Please consider donating to this very worthwhile filmmaker award.
- NBFC member Elaine Shannon is currently Executive Producing and Hosting a 22 episode TV project for Bell Aliant’s Community One Channel. It is a 30 minute bi-weekly wellness show co-produced in NB with Kirsten Stanley of 181 Productions.