Ready to take your career to the next level? Women in Film and Television-Atlantic (WIFT-AT) is offering its members a chance to experience all of the film festivals Atlantic Canada has to offer, plus a weekend pass to the prestigious Women Making Waves Conference in March 2014. You have until Saturday, June 1st to submit your application for the WIFT-AT All Access Pass Award (AAPA). This award is given annually to a deserving WIFT-AT member working in the screen-based media whose career will be assisted by the award. (Don’t worry if you’re not yet a member of WIFT-AT, memberships are only $45 and are valid for one year. Click here to join)
Along with delegate passes to eight festivals, the Award also offers professional development meetings, local accommodations, representatives at each festival to guide the AAPA recipient and $1,400 cash!
The All Access Pass Award is not limited to filmmakers, but is open to any WIFT-AT full member working in the industry whose career has reached the point where she believes the AAPA will be useful in furthering the trajectory of her career.
The following will be awarded to the successful female recipient:
- one year annual membership to WIFT-AT for 2014/15
- one delegate pass to the annual WIFT-AT Women Making Waves annual conference (March)
PLUS One delegate pass to every major film festival in Atlantic Canada including:
- Halifax Independent Filmmakers Festival (HIFF) (April)
- Island Media Arts Festival (IMAF) in PEI (May)
- OUTeast Film Festival in Halifax, NS (June)
- Nickel Independent Film Festival in Newfoundland (June)
- Atlantic Film Festival (AFF) in Halifax, NS (September)
- St. John’s International Women’s Film Festival (SJIWFF) in Newfoundland (October)
- Silver Wave Film Festival (SWFF) in Fredericton, NB (November)
- International Festival of Francophone Film and Video in Acadie (FICFA) in Moncton, NB (November)
PLUS Two nights accommodation at the Lord Nelson to be used during the AFF or Women Making Waves
PLUS One-on-One meetings with WIFT-AT representatives at each festival to discuss professional development and $1,400 cash to be used at the recipient’s discretion (recommended as expense money for the festivals).
The deadline for applications is Saturday, June 1st, 2013. Only online applications submitted through www.wift-at.com will be accepted. The recipient will be notified of their win by June 21, 2013. The official announcement of the successful candidate will take place June 24, 2013 at the WIFT-AT Annual General Meeting.
NOTE: Although the WIFT-AT All Access Pass Award does include some nights’ accommodation as outlined above, it does not include airfare or travel. Additional expenses are the responsibility of the award recipient. The cash award should be used to offset expenses.
WIFT, an international organization with 37 chapters and more than 10,000 members, was founded in 1973. It is committed to advancement for women in professional development and achievement in film, video and other screen-based media. WIFT-AT is celebrating its fourth year as the Atlantic Canada Chapter.
Chair, Women in Film & Television–Atlantic (WIFT-AT)