Here area some great resources on the Internet. Feel we are missing something? Send us your favourite resources.
Guilds, Unions, Organizations
Click here for our page where we list women’s film festivals or film festivals in the Atlantic region.
- WIFTI Summit 2012 – This blog features articles on the panels that took place during the WIFT International Summit in Washington, DC, Nov-Dec 2012.
- NSI Canada – National Screen Institute – Canada’s national training school for writers, directors and producers in film, television and digital media. Subscribe to NSI weekly newsletter or email updates
- Inktip Newsletter
- Women Making Movies – newsletter and website.
- makers.com is a dynamic digital platform produced by filmmakers Dyllan McGee, Betsy West, and Peter Kunhardt, developed by AOL, showcasing hundreds of compelling stories from women of today and tomorrow. This historic video initiative features exclusive access to trailblazing women – both known and unknown.
- http://www.mediacastermagazine.com – Canada’s Broadband and Content Industries B2B news source. A quick sweep of headlines will keep you in the loop. Subscribe to Mediacaster Magazine Free e-newsletter
- WildSound is a great avenue for writers and filmmakers as they are continuously accepting films and scripts, and give thorough, professional and helpful feedback on a monthly basis.
- independentfilmblog.com - specializes in teaching savvy filmmakers how to navigate the business side of filmmaking.
- http://blog.nfb.ca/ – the blog of Canada’s National Film Board.
- Screenwriter blogs: Canimation, Complications Ensue, Dead Things on Sticks, Legion of Decency, Running with My Eyes Closed, Travel Day, TV eh?, Uninflected Images Juxtaposed
- Publications: Canadian Screenwriter, Creative Screenwriting, Hollywood North magazine, Hollywood Reporter, Playback, Realscreen Magazine, Reel West, Variety, Written By Magazine
- Facebook Groups: Ink Canada Screenwriters’ Group on Facebook. Lively discussions led by screenwriter Karen Walton.
- Free PDF – How To Sell Your Film and Not Sell Your Soul. New distribution methods for the filmmaker are opening up – check it out!
- Bill Brioux’s TV Feeds My Family blog
- The Scoop – The Scoop gets you the news about what women are doing in the film, television, and video industry around the globe. Each month we’ll interview WIFTI members and other interesting folks to keep you inspired and informed. Look for our Podcast in the iTunes Music Store. The Scoop is co-produced and co-sponsored by WIFV-DC and Human Factor LLC.
Grants, Awards, Funding
Click here for a list of grants, awards and funding agencies.
These sites have extensive resources lists worth checking out: