The Board of Directors of WIFT-At is extremely pleased to announce the new All Access Pass Award to be given annually to a deserving female working in screen-based media whose career will be assisted by the award. The award is not limited to filmmakers, but is open to any female working in the industry whose career has reached the point where it is deemed the award will be useful in furthering the trajectory of their career.
The following will be awarded to the successful female recipient:
- one year annual membership to WIFT-AT
- one delegate pass to the annual WIFT-AT Women Making Waves (WMW) annual conference (March)
one delegate pass to every major film festival in Atlantic Canada including:
- Halifax Independent Filmmakers Festival (HIFF) (April)
- Island Media Arts festival (IMAF) in PEI (May)
- OUTeast Film Festival in Halifax, N.S. (June)
- Atlantic Film Festival (AFF) in Halifax, N.S. (September)
- Three nights accommodation at the Lord Nelson to be used during the AFF or Women Making Waves conference
- St. John’s International Women’s Film Festival (SJIWFF) in Newfoundland (October)
- Accommodations at the Quality Inn on Signal Hill
- New Brunswick Silver Wave Film Festival (SWFF) in Fredericton, N.B. (November)
- International Festival of Francophone Film and Video in Acadie (FICFA) in Moncton, N.B.(November)
- One-on-One meetings with a WIFT-AT representative at each festival to discuss professional development
- $1,000 cash to be used at the recipient’s discretion. Recommended as expense money for the festivals
The application deadline is Friday, June 1st, 2012. The recipient will be notified of their win in mid-summer so they can make plans for the festival circuit which begins in September. However, the official announcement of the successful candidate will take place in September, 2012 at the annual WIFT-AT Annual General Meeting during the AFF.
The complete guidelines will be available April 1st on the WIFT-AT website www.wift-at.com
NOTE: The WIFT-AT All Access Pass Award does not include airfare, travel or hotel expenses. Additional expenses are the responsibility of the award recipient. The cash award should be used to offset expenses.